Thursday, July 9, 2009

blue butterfly


the butterfly has long been known as a beautiful symbol of change and transformation....and to me, that makes it the perfect adornment for a journal. i made this coptic journal several weeks ago and even had some thoughts of keeping it for myself. in building our new house, we've watched it transform from a plot of dirt to a two-story dreamhome....this journal would be the perfect place to record the details! and it was a good plan, until i realized that time has completely gotten away from me (again!) and the pages have remained blank. lots of changes have taken place since our move, but it looks like my good ideas and intentions coupled with a serious lack of time...well, that never seems to change!
you can learn more about this journal here in my etsy shop.

6 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

That paper is gorgeous, Lori! FYI -Olde Green Cupboard is having a sale. All fabric is 25% off through Saturday!

Gina Lee Kim said...

Lori, I totally have this butterfly paper! Love how you make them into journal covers!!! Wouldn't you just love to work at K&Company? Oh to be a professional "tester" for their stickers, embellishments, and gorgeous paper. The paper they're coming out today in the scrapbooking world is jaw-dropping: shiny, glittery, felted appliques... It's terrible when you're already addicted to paper. :)

Oh, I might have posted something about you today (hee hee).

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Lori! Another beautiful journal! Love the paper you used too! I really like the butterfly sentiment behind it. Also, I wanted to say your studio pics are full of creative energy and feels so inviting! I know I would have a blast in that space. Hope you get more fun time.

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Martha Lever said...

oh wow--what a beautiful book. Lori. I love these colors and I love butterflies---this one will fly out of your Etsy shop! hee hee

Lauren Maurer said...

Oh, I love love love this one!!

shiborigirl said...

Oh, yes, I think you must keep this one - allow your thoughts about the move take wing and fly onto those pristine pages...

Moving is such a Process isn't it? Full of stress, upheaval, excitement, and exhaustion. Definitely write it down!

xoxo,

Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...