Wednesday, January 14, 2009

button coptic


i love buttons.  so much so that i refuse to claim that i collect buttons, because whenever i give myself permission to collect something, well, let's just say i always end up with a larger inventory than most retail stores (just ask my paper and fabric collections).  i especially love the vintage variety of button,  and one of my favorite things to do is paw around in my wide mouth button jar...i just love that happy clinking sound that they make!  


i've managed to add buttons to some of my other books, and since i've discovered the coptic binding, i decided to merge the two...and here's the result. i'm really happy with the combination of the tweed looking bookcloth and the vintage buttons.  and since i've used four buttons from my button jar, doesn't that give me permission to add some new ones to it?!  :)

10 comments:

Martha Lever said...

Ahhhhh...this is fabulous, Lori!!! You're good, girl!!!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh my, I like this. And yes, you have permission to add more buttons to your jar. :-)

Ann's ART said...

Love it! I love buttons. I just moved last week and parted with a huge box of them. Trying to declutter in 2009!

Anonymous said...

This book looks fantastic. Totally love your art work, your a star. Love the feel the sound of buttons. I think it is the inner child feeling that special magical touch. Remembering mum's button tin. Nana bringing them round after she as saved them from an old outfit. Treasure in a jar.
Thank you for reading my tagged blog post.
Next time we must have a cuppa tea!

PrairiePeasant said...

So simple and elegant, it's beautiful. Go get some more buttons girl--can't wait to see what you'll do with them.

julie king said...

i love buttons as well but i've NEVER done anything as crearive with them as your journal. don't you just love coptic binding? when i worked at antioch publishing we used coptic binding a 3 different lord of the rings journals and they were so cool.

i love what you do!!

T.Allen said...

Oh but yes, you must buy more. I am convinced that supplies avoid extinction by method of supply and demand. If you buy more buttons, you keep the craft deities happy and there shall be more buttons.

Great book! The buttons *really* add something!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Head to the button store immediately. :)

I do the same thing with beads - if I use 5, I need to go buy 100 more, just in case.

I probably COULD open a shop.

Kate

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

I absolutely {love} this!! I definitely share your love of buttons (but I'm not a collector...if I collect them, I feel bad using them!) ;) You are so talented, Lori! I love coming to see your side of the paper-crafting world...Keep it up! :)

Jennifer Katherine said...

A button book! You've read my mind! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...